At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
The focus of this position is maintaining and improving Origin Client for Mac. Our Mac games players and customers use Mac Origin Client worldwide to access their games, as well as to acquire new games and game related content. Our goal is to create the best gamer experience possible, and Origin Client is instrumental in facilitating continuous dialogue between our gamers and EAX creative and marketing teams.
- Mac Origin Client development, driving highly reliable game publishing and deployment, with predictable performance characteristics.
- Improve Build and deployment procedures.
- Work independently as well as part of a bigger distributed team of software engineers
- Negotiating technical requirements with stake holders.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Expert in Mac development, C++ and Objective-C.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, with strong performance in courses related to Computer Science and Data architecture.
- Expert in Mac APIs, esp. AppKit, Security & System frameworks
- Expert in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Expert profiling and optimizing for performance and memory.
- Experience developing content creation tools and workflows for content publishing.
- Experience coaching and mentoring other engineers.
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Qt application development platform
- Professional experience with NANT build system.
- Professional experience with OpenGL and Metal graphics framework.
- Professional experience with OS patching
- Strong technical communication and collaboration skills.
- A demonstrated track record of high-quality deliverable and sustainable development practices including automated tests.
- Demonstrate ownership for success of internal customers as well as for assigned tasks.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.