At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
Senior Multiplatform Web Engineer
Are you the go to person for multiple platform Web development in your current position? Do your co-workers always turn to you for guidance on architecture and advice on solving the tough problems? Are you a leader in the development community? Do you have a public repository where you’re not shy to showcase your work? Do you love video games? Then you’re just the person that EAX is looking for!
About the role:
On the EAX team you will get to be part of the exciting shift to a rapidly growing subscription based business with EA Access and Origin. Learn our products and get the opportunity to work on multiple console and web platforms.
We’re about building amazing products and you’ll get to work with strategically positioned digital transformation technologies. The team on EAX is a group of highly talented engineers that partner closely with game teams across multiple genres. We also believe in hard work but encourage good work life balance.
Who you are:
- Advanced level CSS (Object Oriented CSS, CSS3, Media Queries, Animations and Transitions, Cross Browser).
- Advanced level of HTML (Semantic HTML, SEO, Scheme.org, HTML5).
- Experience architecting web solutions with an appreciation for responsive design patterns.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Strong technical leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience with source control systems (Perforce, GIT).
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum-based development environments.
- Ability to drive technical innovation and improvements.
- Self-starter with strong aptitude towards rigorous testing and validation of work
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
Additional skills you bring:
- Experience developing hub applications for PS4.
- Experience working on highly visible consumer-facing software applications.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Appreciation for good design and an eye for perfection.
- Experience with JS frameworks like Polymer, React or Angular.
- Background in Computing Science.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience with tracking tools (JIRA).
- An interest for XBox and Mobile development
- Familiarity with C++ and common development patterns such as the Observer Pattern, Singletons, and Event Callbacks.
Want to learn more about EAX?
EAX is a high performing team within EA that manages a number of digital distribution and subscription products including EA Access. The EA Access Hub is a digital distribution application from Electronic Arts that allows users to purchase subscriptions and games specifically for console platforms. Users can stay connected to everything EA Access, take their pick of all the great games in The Vault and play as much as they want. In addition, they can put upcoming EA games to the test before the release date with exclusive Play First Trials.
EA Access Xbox hub and subscription service: www.ea.com/eaaccess
Origin client and subscription service: www.origin.com
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.