At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
As a part an experienced and motivated team, you’ll be working on EA’s Origin and EA Access. Delivering new features and enhancements to our web and client based social networking and eCommerce solution, creating the best user experience possible and delivering on our business goals.
You will be an expert in single page application development with knowledge of the full web stack, equally comfortable in server-side code as in your browser’s developer tools. You will be a champion for architecture and performance and excited by a fast paced experimental culture.
- Work with the team to regularly develop and ship product increments of our large-scale web applications used by millions of people per month.
- Deliver a great consumer experience!
- Work on features from inceptions, through ship and support.
- Prove out ideas with prototypes, experiments and data.
- Collaborate with production and design to shape the direction and refine requirements.
- Create re-usable components
- Be self-directed and help direct and mentor other junior engineers.
- Continuously look for ways to make the team more effective.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- 3+ Years’ experience building and supporting large, complex Single-page applications
- 6+ Years’ experience in software development
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, with strong performance in courses related to Computer Science and Web architecture.
- Expert in web protocols, and related technologies.
- Expert profiling and optimizing for performance and memory.
- Experience in SEO
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience utilizing CDN.
- Strong technical communication and collaboration skills.
- A demonstrated track record of high-quality deliverable and sustainable development practices including automated testing.
- Demonstrate ownership for success of internal customers as well as for assigned tasks.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.