This local “star” in the power / battery charging space is part of a global electronics manufacturer with 500 MM USD in sales. The team is “expert” and the knowledge you will garner, exceptional.
Rare and exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Hardware Engineer to design and modify circuits and sub-circuits, using best practice and company product development process’ (PDP) in order to meet program targets. The ideal candidate will be a results oriented individual that has experience working in a program team for electronics product development.
Strong problem solving skills is “key”!
What you get to do!
- Performs schematic capture and circuit simulation to define and verify the suitability of a design.
- Participates in prototyping, validation and test plan development. May involve constructing jigs, fixtures and experiments meet quality and reliability objectives.
- Partners with Software Engineers to integrate test code into prototypes in order to test and validate functionality.
- Performs circuit design and performance calculations. Generate design documentation using company document control procedures.
- Produces reports, specifications, written hardware and test requirements using established templates.
- Participates in design reviews with other program team members, including review of schematics, redline drawings, reports and other design documentation.
- Participates in conference calls and other communications with the contract manufacturer and overseas suppliers.
- Provides feedback and ideas to increase efficiency and/or improve quality of our products and processes.
- Mentors and guide less senior staff, such as co-ops and junior engineers. Provide advice and oversight on completing tasks.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with hardware/software integration and debugging.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, frequency response analyzers, spectrum analyzers and power meters.
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly (DFM/DFA) skills.
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and techniques
- Proficiency with software for schematic capture and simulation tools (Altium, Mathcad, PSim etc.) is an asset.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
Every resume submission shall be reviewed by an expert. Please email Mark Strong Mark@VanJobs.ca in absolute confidence. Your resume will only go to “me” – and not be read by ATS software.