Fully Remote – work from home. MUST reside in B.C. / PST
Sold on Amazon and retail outlets such as Best Buy, Arlo is #1 internet-connected camera brand offering HD and 4K security cameras, doorbells, and smart lighting. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, with offices in Richmond BC, and around the globe.
With over 2 million data subscribers, a Java – Spring framework handles subscription transaction management and microservices, hosted on AWS. Presenting a rare opportunity for a remote/wfh Lead Java Developer to be groomed into managing project deliverables.
You get to
- Mentor team efforts with a focus on API calls, objects, and microservices well maintaining and documenting back-end deliverables from design to production
- Implement security and data protection while optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Integrate objects/API with firmware, client and partner sdk
- Be a strong advocate of modern, structured, software development applying TDD and CI/CD
What you need to succeed
- Expert coding skills in Java and familiarity with Spring / Spring Boot framework.
- Proven expertise in the design of REST APIs and microservices with experience in containerization – Kubernetes for cloud based services
- Ability and desire to lead / manage projects with ingrained communication and documentation skills.
- Experienced working with NoSQL DB (Dynamo) and Storage (S3)
- Promote “best practices” for Agile development applying TDD, CI/CD, Git, Jira, Confluence, and Jenkins, in delivery of cloud based (AWS) multi-threaded application(s).
Arlo builds high quality solutions for homeowners and businesses alike. Leadership consists of respected, industry veterans, and teams cohesive, presenting an upbeat, friendly environment. Arlo remunerates “really well” and this role presents an estimated total compensation of 175 – 195K
Being a remote opportunity, visits to their well appointed, comfortable, Richmond facility, may be limited to the Christmas Party, however, you are always welcome!
Please email (not via LinkedIn) your resume to Mark Strong firstname.lastname@example.org and be assured that your confidentiality is paramount and your resume will be reviewed by an expert.
VANJOBS ‘only the best’