Ubisoft Halifax has an opening for a Lead UI/UX designer. We are looking for someone who will be able to demonstrate top-notch UI/UX and feature design skills and have a strong portfolio of UI/UX design projects, especially on mobile devices. The successful candidate must exhibit the ability to lead a team of UI/UX designers, design innovative and user-focused solutions, while being accustomed to working within style guidelines to meet brand objectives. The successful candidate will have previous experience in gaming, and understands the specific requirements of mobile devices’ ergonomics.
- Manage a team of UI/UX designers.
- Apply user centered design processes to create high quality user experiences.
- Collaborate on development of functional requirements for new products, rapidly creating interactive prototypes when necessary
- Translate functional requirements into application layout and interface (including interaction models, workflows, information architectures, flowcharts and screen mock-ups)
- Develop detailed product design documentation that effectively communicates interaction and design ideas to development team.
- Gauge usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Provide reviews and improve guidelines on projects over time, before and after their launch.
- B.S. or B.A in User Interface Design, Human Factors, Graphic Design, Information Design, New Media, or Economics. Or an equivalent degree, training or work experience.
- At least 2yrs in F2P games
- Rich portfolio that includes numerous examples of web, mobile, interactive and application work
- Experience creating prototypes using Unity, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and/or Flash (or other relevant framework).
- Previous experience in UI/UX design in the videogame industry is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Independent thinker, comfortable with a high level of autonomy
- Capable of establishing a UI art direction and contributing to it.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary scale
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
- Tuesdays bring fruit baskets, Fridays bring Treat baskets
- Summer months bring ‘Summer Fridays’
- Monthly Social Events
- And, of course an awesome team to work with!
Working in Halifax
Halifax has an exceptional quality of living at an affordable cost. Located downtown and minutes away from the harbor and its sights, Ubisoft Halifax is in the heart of the city. Ubisoft Halifax is a new member of the Mobile family working with studios that have brought you award-winning titles like CSI: Hidden Crimes, Trials Frontier and Hungry Shark. The Mobile division is growing and we want you to come and be a part of our success!
Halifax is an awesome little city that thinks big. It has everything you want in a larger city but all the local flavor of a smaller one. Tons of nightlife surrounds our Studio and you’ll never have to go far to find a great time with great people. A few blocks down, you’ll reach the historic harbor front where you can view all types of ships, vessels and pretty amazing scenery as well as more unique shops and restaurants – and talk about great seafood!
Please submit the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter including salary expectations
- Current CV / Resume
- Portfolio / Demo Reel
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume of inquiries, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.