Our client Move.com / Realtor.com has an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled and energetic Principal Software Engineer to join their growing team in their Richmond, BC offices. You’ll have the chance to work in a startup culture with the support of a large, Silicon Valley based company. You’ll be building out product capabilities that digitize the entire real estate transaction process and help bring real-time data to agents, consumers, and vendors.
What you get to do:
- Working alongside Product Management and UI/UX define and scope project-related decisions
- Your efforts will be part of the DNA of solutions that will deliver and maintain features and applications, to excite and please a user base of millions of users
- Render solutions that are high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Provide technical leadership to a talented team of data engineers and back end developers to process a variety of large datasets and create compelling consumer experiences.
- Collaborate with expert data scientists, and address natural language processing and generating insights from data.
- Apply Agile/Scrum team organization and efficiencies, plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, and work on removing impediments, all well executing at top velocity
- Investigate new technologies that can be leveraged to introduce innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Be part of the Big Picture and investigate and introduce process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
What do you bring?
- Years of hands on professional software development experience, including architecting and deployment of complex apps at scale.
- Strong experience in one AWS or other Cloud integration
- Strong back end services / API development experience, preferably using Node.js and REST/JSON
- Technical Lead experience leading a product team and setting day to day technical direction
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL system design and development.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about creating world-class web experiences for our customers
- Known for strong problem solving skills with an innate ability to clearly communicate technical concepts in simple terms
- You take pride in writing clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality
- You are able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
Please send your resume in confidence, directly to Mark Strong Mark@VanJobs.ca and I will review every submission. Move / Realtor.com is a quality organization with an excellent work / life balance. Remunerations are significantly above the observed means.
VanJobs “Only the Best“