Our client, Real Estate (.com) (aka Move Canada) is seeking passionate, and enthusiastic software developers to join their client Technology teams in Richmond BC as Principle Engineers.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated, and talented Principal Software Engineers to join our client’s Technology team in Richmond, BC. These positions provide hands on, technical and architectural leadership to teams of talented software professionals, building out the core ‘Next Generation’ tools and experiences – both services and web applications – that help make real estate professionals more productive and effective.
If you’re keen to contribute to the delivery of high performance, high traffic applications and APIs, with built-in scalability and monitoring in the AWS cloud, then read on!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and innovation in the architecture and development of applications and services meeting organizational business needs
- Evaluate business, data, and technical requirements; communicating approaches and risks to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Lead the technical design, development, and maintenance features and applications that will excite and please a user base of successful real estate professionals
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Proactively collaborate with Agile/Scrum teams and technical peers to evaluate dependencies, ensure architectural consistency, promote reuse, and plan and execute at high velocity
- Coach, mentor, and guide your team to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- Provide technical input into product road-maps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Lead process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
What you bring:
- Full-stack development – you can understand and communicate a feature design from model to endpoint to the front-end
- Building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications with a service-oriented architecture
- Client-side web technologies (HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, responsiveness) and working experience with a front end template framework (Dust, Mustache, Handlebars) is an asset
- Database systems, relational and/or NoSQL
- TDD and test automation (Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, Sinon, Nightwatch, Cucumber)
- Passionate about creating world-class web experiences for our customers and will work hard to achieve this
- Learning, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment
- Proud of writing clean, quality code, and can balance this with business practicality
Please send your resume directly to Mark Strong and know that I will review every submission and that you are working with the best! Better work-life balance’s than other shops combined with very competitive remunerations!
VanJobs ‘only the best’