Our client, Caracal Technologies Inc. is the R&D arm of Ventech International, an industry leader for unattended payment systems. Their technologies included embedded development through to cloud based API’s. Located near Broadway and Oak in Vancouver, they are near major transit connections with and great variety of restaurants nearby. A close knit team within a friendly neighborhood!
Caracal has an opportunity for an intermediate to Sr QA Engineer to further the quality software and hardware releases.
You must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in QA testing, with practical skills in both hardware and software systems.
You get to:
- Design and execute test plans, working alongside the development team, to ensure high quality deliverables
- Develop and utilize automated test tools to increase efficiency and test coverage
- Review Test Requirements and propose Test Strategies, Test Plans and Methods.
- Make Management recommendations on current and future methods, and tool decision.
- Demonstrated experience in test strategy, design, and execution, ideally involving complex products that include hardware, software and firmware components
- Analysis skills to observe issues/trends and make clear recommendations
- Have good configuration management skills and familiarity with tools such as the Atlassian group of tools (Jira, Confluence, Git).
And it would be ‘great’ if you had:
- Testing experience in such areas as web development, web services, mobile applications, and databases – as well as deep embedded Firmware testing skills
- Good familiarity using test automation tools such as Python/Java, Selenium
- Self starter and determined personality to drive trouble tickets to closure.
Please email your resume directly to Mark Strong and I shall review every submission – not a computer!
VanJobs ‘only the best’