Senior Data Scientist – Professional Software
At Move.com, Data is important – it’s what they do. Processing terabytes of data every day, and then transform that data into information that powers decisions for millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. Data is the key asset and we want to extract increasing value from it to help our business lines make critical decisions and to build data products that will delight and inform our customers.
Our client seeks a seasoned Data Scientist with a diverse set of skills to join our Professional Software technology team in Richmond, BC. In this role you will be responsible for the ideation, research, predictive modeling, machine learning algorithms, and advanced analytics for data products to delight and inform our customers. You will lead quantitative exploration of data and create machine learning models to provide personalized intelligence and automation that will add value to real estate professionals and impact how they manage their business.
What You Will Do:
- Perform exploratory analysis of Move’s wealth of data, including consumer interactions and web behavior
- Effectively partner with product management and the data product team on building new data driven features for intelligence, automation, and recommendations for a great customer experience
- Work on all aspects of creating models to enhance our B2B business, including collecting requirements, data profiling, cleansing, preparation, identifying features, selecting algorithms, building and back testing models
- Creating strategies to test multiple models and measure performance, with a focus on improving engagement, retention, and client/transaction conversion
- Research new algorithms and machine learning solutions for solving business problems and improving user experience
- Create automated learning systems that gracefully scale to increasing complexity and expectation
- Generate descriptive visualizations and presentations to communicate insights
- Work with a sense of ownership and urgency, advocate for experimentation-based, agile culture
What You Bring
- Graduate degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative analysis, economics or related field is required; Ph.D. is Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data science, data analytics, or applied statistics
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Extensive experience in R, Perl, Python, spark, or other languages and frameworks appropriate for large scale analysis of numerical and textual data
- Experience with experiment design and A/B and multivariate tests
- Knowledge of various machine learning libraries like TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, MLib etc.
- Experience with NLP toolkits such as NLTK, OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP or Deeplearning4J’s NLP framework
- Deep knowledge of relational databases and SQL, logical and physical database design
- Knowledge of clickstream analysis tools like Omniture or Google Analytics preferred
- Excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
What Will You Receive?
- Challenging work that delivers innovative solutions to our customers
- Cutting edge software delivery methodology and software development tools
- Exposure to enterprise level software development and delivery platforms
- Continuous learning and training to build deep product, technical, and professional skills; and
- Competitive rewards and benefits
- Opportunities for career advancement and mobility
Please submit your resume in confidence, directly to Mark Strong, and I shall carry the ball over the finish line. Know that you are working with the best!