Our client, Caracal Technologies is the R&D arm of Ventech International, an industry leader for unattended payment systems to parking meters. Their technologies include embedded development through to cloud based API’s. Located near Broadway and Oak in Vancouver, they are near major transit connections with and great variety of restaurants nearby. A close knit team within a friendly neighborhood!
Caracal has an opportunity for a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to develop leading edge systems.
You have a minimum of 5 years (prefer 10+) of solid development experience
- Work within a team of experienced Software, Firmware, and Hardware Engineers in developing robust embedded products
- Possess a deep understanding of embedded processors such as ARM/PIC as well as thorough understanding of RS232, USB, Ethernet, TCP/IP protocols, and WiFi/Cellular modems.
- Have low power design experience for Solar Applications, as well as powered.
- Employ development methodology using CM tools such as Atlassian tool sets (Jira, Git,etc), in developing robust and supportable code with a quality and customer focus
- Proven Experience with RTOS such as uC/OS, FreeRTOS and/or Android.
- Hands on experience with basic lab tools such as scopes, JTAG, Wireshark, etc.
- Can read schematics and understand electrical/electromechanical device operation.
Please send your resume directly to Mark Strong and know that I will review every submission – not a computer.
VanJobs ‘only the best ‘