Delta-Q Technologies develops and supplies battery chargers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of electric vehicles and industrial equipment. Delta-Q’s unique blend of engineering capability in high efficiency power electronics and embedded software design, delivers innovative battery charging solutions to meet the evolving needs of its customers. With millions of vehicles and industrial machines already using its products, Delta-Q’s innovation is enabling the widespread adoption of environmentally friendly electric drive systems. Founded in 1999, Delta-Q is a privately held company located in Vancouver, Canada.
The Sr Hardware Engineer will design and modify circuits and sub-circuits, using best practice and company product development process’ (PDP) in order to meet program targets. The ideal candidate for this role will be a motivated, results oriented individual that has experience working in a program team for electronics product development. Strong problem solving skills and a ‘can do’ attitude is required to be successful in this role.
- Performs schematic capture and circuit simulation to define and verify the suitability of a design.
- Participates in prototyping, validation and test plan development. May involve constructing jigs, fixtures and experiments meet quality and reliability objectives.
- Partners with Software Engineers to integrate test code into prototypes in order to test and validate functionality.
- Performs circuit design and performance calculations. Generate design documentation using company document control procedures.
- Produces reports, specifications, written hardware and test requirements using established templates.
- Participates in design reviews with other program team members, including review of schematics, redline drawings, reports and other design documentation.
- Participates in conference calls and other communications with the contract manufacturer and overseas suppliers.
- Provides feedback and ideas to increase efficiency and/or improve quality of our products and processes.
- Mentors and guide less senior staff, such as co-ops and junior engineers. Provide advice and oversight on completing tasks.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering coupled with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in electronic design.
- Experience with feedback/PWM control and control loop stability.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of key power conversion topologies, drive circuits and power switching devices.
- Experience in thermal management requirements and electro-mechanical integration, including PCB layout for high power and high switching frequency.
- Experience with hardware/software integration and debugging.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, frequency response analyzers, spectrum analyzers and power meters.
- Experience with environmental and reliability testing and validation of products.
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly (DFM/DFA) skills.
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC and other regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency with software for schematic capture and simulation tools (Altium, Mathcad, PSim etc.) is an asset.
- Excellent work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
Please send your resume to Mark Strong Mark@VanJobs.ca for a confidential, expert review. Your resume will only go to “me” – and not be read by ATS software.