Our client – Amazon – is seeking a Senior Software Development Manager for their Digital Content and Commerce Platform team. This team handles publishing and purchases of all digital content sold on Amazon.com, such as Kindle eBooks, Amazon AppStore for Android, Amazon MP3, and Amazon Instant Video. We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead one of our technology teams.
You will be responsible for leading a team of 6-8 engineers in the design, development, testing, and deployment of large-scale web services and platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing large-scale distributed services and customer facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Develop the long-term strategy for your products and translate that into an achievable roadmap/action plan
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 3 years managing development teams
- Experience in building and leading development of complex software systems
- Good judge of top software engineering talent, and ability to grow their careers
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Relocation and a “very substantial remuneration” is available for the right candidate!
Please send your CV in absolute confidence to Mark Strong and I will personally review every submission.
VanJobs ‘only the best’