VanJobs‘ client is a world leader in advanced power electronics. They are a fast-paced, dynamic cross-functional team-based company, that makes a positive difference in the lives of people around the world by combining proven technology with unparalleled market understanding to bring their customers products that enable the delivery of electricity anytime, anywhere.
Their World-Class Engineering Team has an opening for a Systems Engineer to join an award winning group in Burnaby, BC. The talented individual will have a strong background in Power Electronics, Systems Engineering, passion for new technologies and a strong team player.
What you get to do:
- Participate in product design from concept to production release in accordance with the internal project management process.
- Consult with application engineers and end users to capture application requirements. Uses feedback to architect, design and generate specifications for integration of power conversion systems involving multiple power generating sources.
- Lead development of product and system architectures, specifications, theory of operations, design verification test procedures and creates related technical assets.
- Participate in evolving best practices in software and power electronics design disciplines.
- Create, simulate, validate and maintain power converter and system level models in Matlab/Simulink to facilitate end-to-end performance verification
- Work with hardware and software design teams to develop design processes/tools leveraging suite of Hardware-in-Loop (HIL), Software-In-Loop (SIL), simulation tools, automatic code generation and validation.
- Conduct and/or supervise experimental laboratory tests such as electrical performance, electromagnetic compliance (EMC), etc. Evaluate test and validate test results.
What you bring:
- Proficient at Matlab and Simulink. Knowledgeable at programming in high level programming languages such as C and/or C++.
- Hands on experience designing power electronics or integrating complex control systems.
- Experience in micro-grid systems – a strong advantage but not a requirement.
- Solid history of execution and project leading on several development projects from concept to industrialization.
- Experience in storage technologies, PV charge controllers and Solar inverters is a strong asset – but not a requirement.
- Design end to end system architecture encompassing power conversion power trains employing real time controls is an asset.
- Familiarity or design experience in communication interfaces such as Modbus/TCP, EtherNet/IP, CAN, USB etc.
- Solid understanding of good product design principles and standards, including those for hardware, firmware and product safety.
- Performed worst case analysis and strong knowledge and familiarity with design for reliability (DFR), design for Quality (DFQ), FMEA principles and practices.
- Familiar with EMC design principles, EMC design and testing including preventative approaches.
- Familiarity with industry safety standards and certifications an asset
This industry giant is renowned for its’ workplace values and work / life balance. Even if you do not have all the inputs, but have strong power electronics experience and are smart and willing to learn, then take please submit your resume directly to Mark Strong at Mark@VanJobs.ca
Every submission will be kept confidential and reviewed by an expert – not a computer!
VanJobs ‘Only the best’